Medford Public Schools, Medford OR
Galbraith & Associates provided design services for the renovation and construction of seven school projects in Medford from 2007 to 2010.
Galbraith & Associates provided design services for the renovation and construction of seven school projects in Medford from 2007 to 2010: Washington, Lone Pine, Oak Grove, Roosevelt, and Jackson Elementary Schools; North Medford High and South Medford High Schools.
During the development process, Galbraith & Associates provided services that included the designing and detailing of intimate courtyard spaces, preservation of heritage trees, and stormwater “celebration” elements to several of the larger campuses. While each of the seven schools is unique to their site and conditions, all of the renovation or construction projects included several of the objectives and services below:
- Maintain or provide a presence in the neighborhood
- Provide children daily interaction with nature
- Give all children the equal opportunity to play
- Tree protection and preservation
- Low maintenance landscaping
- Decorative and interactive storm-water management
- Low water use plantings
- Schematic and Design Development
- Construction Documents
- Construction Administration
- Collaboration with Architect, Engineers and the community